The 8880-HVDFF cable, pipe, and directional fault finder offers utility locators mulitple active frequencies ensuring adequate signal is applied to buried utilities in any environment. Passive frequencies identify “live” and charged lines by their naturally occurring electromagnetic fields. The 8880-HVDFF offers multiple passive frequency allowing line locating without the use of a transmitter.
Updated transmitter functions include improved transmitter induction, multi-frequency coupler induction ranginging from 8 kHz to 131 kHz, and automatic impedance matching for direct connections. The 5 watt transmitter has the ability to simultaneously apply an 815 Hz and 82 kHz frequency to a utility. From one transmitter setting the user can locate the main line as well as other services by “lighting up” the entire site. This set-and-forget feature saves you time and money by reducing the need to repeatedly relocate the transmitter. All functions are accessed via weather-proof membrane buttons and both user input and transmitter status are verified with audible responses.
The ergonomically designed and balanced 8880-DFF receiver provides instant push-button depth up to 25 feet and current measurement to identify the target utility in crowded easements. Proximity cues to the tracing signal are given to the user through either peak or null tone modes while the backlit digital display provides both relative and actual signal strength.
Line faults can be quickly and simply located when used with the included “A-frame” ground return probe. The receiver’s backlit digital display provides instant directional feedback and guides the user forward and back along the line to the precise location of the fault.
Conduit pinches can be located using the optional Sonde accessory. Operating on active frequencies of 815 Hz or 8 kHz, Rycom Instruments® Sondes are pushed into non-pressurized conduits and pipes until they reach the point of pinch or blockage. Traceable 20 feet in the air and 10 feet in cast iron, the 8880-DFF receiver will identify the precise location of the line blockage.
- DFF A-frame integrates with digital receiver to guide the user straight to line faults
- Passive frequencies for locates of “live” utilities without the use of a transmitter: 50 Hz and 60 Hz Radio Frequency Cathodic Protection Rectifier CATV
- Multiple active frequency options including the following: 512 Hz 640 Hz 815 Hz 8 kHz 33kHz 65kHz 82 kHz 118kHz 131kHz
- Powerful 5 watt or 10 watt tracing signal is reliable for direct connection, transmitter and coupled induction
- Backlit digital display for low-light reading
- Triple antennae with push button depth and current measurement
- Rechargeable 12.6 volt sealed lead acid battery
- Made in the U.S.A.