Gives splicers everything they’ve ever wanted in a shelter … including super-light weight 16 lbs. (7.2kg) rigid, stormproof frame, simple closure system, and natural white light for 100% true color rendition inside.
- It’s the ideal multi-use shelter for splicers working aloft or in manholes
- 8 ft. 8 in. (2.64m) H x 48 in. (1.22m) D x 42 in. (1.06m) along strand
- For aerial work, it can be used from single or multicable suspension strands at different pole heights, with either aerial basket or ladder access
- On a multicable installation, you can even mount the tent on the lower strand; just detach one of the two side bows from its clamp on each side of the frame, pass it over the upper cable and reattach it to the clamp which then grips the lower strand, so that the upper cable(s) pass through the tent
- For manhole work, the tent frame attaches to D rings on Manhole Guard Rails; for Guard Rails without them, D rings can be ordered for attachment
- Our new splicer’s combination tent is easy to carry collapsed up a ladder, sets up in seconds without tools, and allows easy access from an aerial basket
- It also features new single-action buckle fasteners that open and close easily with one hand (even if you’re wearing gloves)
- The same fasteners are attached to four straps that let you roll up the sides for ventilation
- Covers attach to the frame with velcro, allowing easy replacement if damaged
- Key to the rigidity of the tent is a lightweight but sturdy stainless steel and aircraft alloy frame that will stand up to the stormiest weather and long years of tough use
- And, we’ve used a new, specially-developed, advanced pack cloth that’s ultra-light-weight, abrasion-resistant, and CPAI-84 flame-retardant; pack cloth is white and almost translucent, to give splicers all the natural light they need, and 100% true color rendition inside
- For safety, an 8 in.-wide orange fluorescent band wraps around the bottom of the tent. (New, lightweight pack cloth material is compatible with earlier 82291 D Workman Tent frame).
- There’s never been a tent this versatile, rigid and tough, this lightweight … with so many features to help splicers get their jobs done faster and more easily, out of rain, snow and windGMP70229