The Model J2 Cable Lasher is used to lash a single aerial cable or numerous cables to a supporting strand or to an existing lashed cable with stainless steel lashing wire.
- Will lash any single or multiple aerial cables up to 3 in. (76mm) diameter across on any suspension strand from 1/4 in. (6mm) to 7/16 in. (11mm). A factory modification will allow the lasher to accommodate 1/2 in. (12.7mm) strand if necessary.
- Consists of a rotating drum supported on a carriage that provides the mounting for a driving mechanism, cable lifters, cable and strand rollers
- Each of two recessed magazines will hold a 1200 ft. coil of .045 in. (365m of 1.1mm wire) lashing wire (or 450 ft. of .065 in.). The Lashing Wire is fully recessed and covered by a gate.
- Features a fast setup procedure, quick coil loading, and automatic drum lock for easy span transfers and smooth forward travel
- J2 Lashers make overlashing easy. Just push down on the strand roller knob, rotate it a quarter turn and you can lash additional cables together on previously lashed cable
- Positive internal gear to gear mechanism has no chains or belts to stretch, slip or break
- Constructed with heat-treated, plated steel, stainless steel, brass and aluminum components. Contains sealed and oiless bearings to minimize maintenance and assure durability.
- Pre-drilled and tapped at the factory for mounting of the lasher guard or “halo”. For use when lashing in overgrown areas.
- The J2 and every GMP lasher is fully serviceable to “good-as-new” specifications at our factory and at factory-trained service locations around the globe.
- The lasher is furnished with a rugged lightweight storage chest with corrosion resistant hardware, recessed latches and a moisture-proof, tongue-in-groove design for maximum protection when not in use
- Supplied with a 6 ft. bridle rope assembly and snap hooks, and an information and operation manual