The Tornado Cable Blowing Machine is designed to be safe, fast and effective, even on tough terrain, the Tornado cable blowing machine will move fiber optic cable of 0.23 to 1.25 in. (5.84-32mm) diameter at speeds to 300 ft./min. (90 m/min.) into pre-installed innerduct or direct-buried duct.
- It can accommodate innerduct from .47 to 2.48 in. (12-63mm). A conversion kit allows the Tornado to place 12.7/10mm, 12/10mm or 10/8mm micro duct into the inner duct.
- Comprised of an aluminum air box and cable pusher, the Tornado uses compressed air to install the cable with or without a missile. In operation, the hydraulically powered, caterpillar belt drive system controls the fiber optic cable as it is propelled by compressed air into the duct. An electronic monitoring system provides read-outs of speed and distance, protects cable against duct obstructions, and includes an emergency stop facility.
- The air box and cable pusher are mounted on a lightweight, tubular-steel frame that can be tilted at a 30-degree angle to the manhole, which minimizes significantly any bending of the innerduct and cable. The frame has height adjustment to permit ease of maneuverability, and adjustable rear legs that provide added stability on uneven terrain.
- Can also be used without the frame, directly from its skid
- The Junction Box Adapter is a necessary accessory for overriding existing cable in an occupied duct (space permitting). One branch attaches to the Tornado for placing the new cable or micro ducts, while the other branch seals off and holds the existing cable in the duct
4 gpm @ 1500 psi Integrated oil cooler for extended operation in high environmental temperatures. Unique suction circuit eliminates pulsation damage Swing open frame provides excellent maintenance access to engine and hydraulics
- Included with the Tornado is a convenient toolbox with all the tools needed for use and maintenance of your blower
- All relevant parts and components of the cable blowing machine and the hydraulic power pack are specially treated to resist corrosion