The Magnastick MSL magnetometers seeks ferromagnetic objects by sensing their magnetic fields. Dual toroidal sensor coils are highly sensitive to the magnetic lines of flux naturally present in ferrous (iron) materials and are not affected by non-ferrous materials such as brass, aluminum, or copper.
Magnastick locators employ an “always on” peak mode that provides an increasing audio signal as objects are approached and passed over. The digital display shows numerical signal strength with a diamond bar graph, battery status and polarity.
Ergonomically designed and balanced, the Magnastick receiver is made for years of trouble free use. Large and easy to use controls for sensitivity are located on the water resistant handle. The aluminum sensor tube is water proof and when submerged will locate ferrous objects under the water surface.
The unique Auto-Null button makes locating ferrous objects easier and faster without the need to reduce sensitivity. Typical magnetic locators will normally peak off the scale when they are operated close to a metal fence, building or automobile. Pressing the Auto-Null button will reset the Magnastick to a normal operating mode and the large mass will be ignored.
Each Magnastick unit comes complete with a digital receiver, user manual, and soft carrying case.
- Excellent for Locating: PK Nails Iron Pipes Steel Drums Well Casings Masonry Nails Surveyors Markers Valve and Curb Boxes Cast Iron Lines Manhole Covers
- Locate ferrous objects under snow, earth, and even water
- Water resistant and weatherproof design for years of field use
- Auto-Null feature rejects non-target materials for easier locating
- LCD screen displays signal and battery strength