Self-contained signal transmitters (Sondes) are used to trace the path of non-metallic pipes and locate line blockages in clay, cast iron and other non-conductive structures. Emitting a signal that is detectable up to 20 feet in the air and 10 feet in cast iron, Rycom Instruments® Sondes provide locators unbeatable range at a low price.
Sondes are programmed with a single matched frequency that is detectable by all Rycom Instruments® locating receivers with a matching frequency. Made of high density PVC plastic, each sewer and pipe Sonde is designed to be highly durable.
- 25 foot range
- Exceptional cast iron penetration with a 13 foot signal range
- Threaded end caps for attaching to push rods
- Rugged design with potted components in an impact resistant compound
- Rounded heads and tails prevent hang-ups
- Operates over 4 hours on one AA battery
- Multiple frequencies designed to work with all Rycom locators
- Made in the U.S.A.