Visual Fault Locator Kit – Includes: VFL-25, 2 AAA Batteries, VFL-25125 FC/LC Adapter. This pen style VFL is specially designed for field personnel who need a portable light source tool for fiber tracing, fiber routing, continuity testing, to locate breakpoints (bending or cracking in fiber optic cables), and poor connections. VFL-150 works on FC, SC, ST connectors and will work on LC connectors when used with the included VFL-25125 adapter. The VFL works in an OTDR dead zone and is used for end-to-end visual fiber identification. Operates in either CW (continuous wave) or pulsed mode. Not recommended For use on dark colored or armored cables.
The kit includes:
- VFL-25 Visual Fault Locator
- VFL-25125 Adapter For VFL FC-LC
- Light Source: Class IIIA Laser Diode < 5mw.
- Wavelength: 650nm.
- Distance: Up to 5km (3.10 miles)
- Battery Life: 60 Hours.
- Connector: 2.5mm universal.
- Working Temperature: -4F (-20C) to 140F (60C).
- Storage Temperature: -40F (-40C) to 185F (85C).
- Power: 2 AAA Batteries.